Sunday, March 7, 2010

Camden Kyle Brown

Camden Kyle Brown
Fenruary 16, 2010
12:43 P.M.
7.1 pounds
19.5 inches
Snug as a bug!

Daddy and Camden

Under the dreaded bili blanket!


Our new little family!


Camden and cousin Grayson


Kyle wants a shirt to match!

On the 15th of Fenruary, Kyle and I were walking around the Fashion Place mall. It had been a long day, I was very pregnant, and we were trying to get me to go into labor.

My phone rang, and on the other end, the midwife up at the University hospital asked, "Are you sitting down?" I said, "No... I am walking around the mall." She responded "Well, how about you come up here and we have a little birthday party?"

As it turns out, I was developing preeclampsia and needed to be induced.

We got to the hospital around 9:00 (after I took a shower, shaved my legs, etc.) and they started by giving me a dose of cytotec to see if I would progress at all with it. By 6 am, nothing much had happened, so they started me on pitocin. I got the epidural and took a nap.
I stayed at a 2 for a while, and then my water broke. I could feel a lot of pain in my back, so they kept turning up the dose of my epidural, figuring it wasn't working. After the third time of me complaining about the pain in my pelvis, the resident decided to check me... and to their surprise, I was ta a 10 and ready to push! I went from a 2 to a 10 in about an hour!

I started to panic at this point because I was thinking that I had a while to mentally prepare for the labor, and now here I was, with an oxygen mask on, lying on my side and trying to delay the baby until the doctor got there. Kyle was running around the room, getting the video camera, brushing his teeth, finding me my iPod...

The doctor arrived, and withtin 20 minutes and about 6 times of pushing, baby Camden made his entrance! It was so surreal to hold him in my arms finally. I held him on my chest while Kyle and I cried. I can't describe that feeling- it truly was a miracle and I will never forget that moment of our lives. Everything we have been through seemed to finally make sense. And did I mention how dang cute he is?!

It has been almost three weeks since our little dude arrived, I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! I have been pretty busy learning how to become a mommy... luckily I have had help from the best new dad in the world. Seriously, Kyle is a pro! Aside from the jaundice and being under the biliblanket, and a trip in an ambulance up to Primary Children's hospital (which turned out to be nothing), Cam is a healthy, adorable little dude. I just can't wait until RSV season is over so I can come out of hibernation!

10 comments:

Jess N Josh Brown said...

YAY!!!! Thanks for posting! Can't wait to actually meet the little sweetie! He is so cute! Miss you lots, looking forward to visiting in May! xoxo

Nate and Ashley said...

Congratulations! He is super cute!

Mary said...

YAY, Congratulations! I'm glad I saw that you posted because we are out of the loop here in Cali, ha. We are so happy for you guys, after all you guys have been through you finally got your little miracle! He is precious! We wish we were there to meet him and to help you guys out at all. Hopefully we'll be there this summer and then Little Eddie could meet his new cousins! Enjoy this time because it goes way too fast! Love you all, and give baby kisses from us :)

Amanda said...

Isn't creating amazing!
I am going to try and remember my similar feelings through this two year old stage. Think....think.....think:)

Jenny said...

Kel, your post was so sweet. Camden is a beautiful baby, but that's no surprise. So glad that he is finally here for you two. Congratulations!!!

Sam and Shauna said...

He is adorable!

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so excited for you!! You're going to get it all figured out in no time! He is ADORABLE!!!! Little Miracles are the BEST!

Burns Family said...

he is perfect...I love him :)

Brandi said...

Camden is seriously the cutest baby I think I have EVER seen!
I can't wait for Camden's little buddy Tatum to get here so they can play (:
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Miller's said...

He is so adorable. Congrats to you guys, there really is nothing like it huh? We are really happy for you guys, we will have to come visit one of these days.

Listen to kelschmells playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Seattle Anniversary- August 2007