Thursday, May 28, 2009

Excuses...

My students kill me. I tell them for one month when an assignment is due, we work on it in class, but for some strange reason, they had a "catastophic" event that prevented them from getting it handed in on time. Oh well, at least it is entertaining. Here are some funny (and some not so funny) excuses I have heard today for late term papers:

"I had to go to the emergency room for stomach problems"
"I forgot"
"My mom had to use the computer last night"
"My printer ran out of ink"
"My computer crashed"
"I thought today was the 27th, not the 28th"
"If I buy you a coke, can I turn it in late?"
"I though that was for extra credit"
"Can I go to the computer lab to type it?"
"I didn't get it"
"I was too confused"
"I had to work"
"I have mono"
"I had girl problems"

and the day is only half over...

5 comments:

Mary said...

So funny!! I can just picture the expression on your face while each student is giving you their excuse, ha. Priceless!

Parisa and Zac said...

Haha I love it! That is so funny! They have no idea how easy high school really is..those lazy butts.

Denet said...

Thanks for sharing these funny comments! We love you Mrs. Brown :)

Jess N Josh Brown said...

ha ha ha thatis pretty funny and i bet the excueses only get better over the years! love ya miss you!

Tony and Whitney said...

Sweet Revenge! I'm sure you used some of those as well! I've heard them all too! We always said we should write a book of student excuses. I love that you are a teacher!

Listen to kelschmells playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Seattle Anniversary- August 2007